Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Money sucks!

I was standing in my kitchen re-filling my coffee cup this morning at 8 am and I get a call on my land line. I look at the caller ID... a 800 #. I don't know why I picked up the call...but I did. I never pick up 800# calls. It was my credit card fraud department telling me that my card is being swiped at several places all over the United States. Someone has created several copy cards with the same number and black strip on the back. Whoa. They were alerted when 2 charges tried to go thru at the same time...in 2 different states. In the category of.... something GOOD has to come of this...I had maxed my credit card out in late August. I was mad at myself for letting it get out of control...but thank God I had done that because several charges had been declined... because it's maxed out. Whew. A few snuck thru... but still... whew! I also paid for the Security Plus Coverage on my card, which seemed like a stupid thing to do at the time....but the $24.99 I pay a year has paid it's self back 25 fold. I am not responsible for the fraudulent charges because of this extra coverage. Whew again. So needlesstosay.... I am cranky as hell today. I decide to go thru and really really balance my checking account to make sure that no one has hacked into that too. Come to find out that my mom sat on 3 months of my payments to her.... over $1,100 and decided to cash those checks ALL LAST NIGHT. I had been watching my balance knowing that she is very good about cashing my checks....and I was mentally subtracting that money like it was gone. SOOOO.... I will be in the hole in my checking account. Good times. Money sucks. And I suck at managing it. This is all my fault...which sucks even more.

No comments: