Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas

We had an amazing first Christmas with our girl.  She was such a trooper with all of the festivities and looked damn cute in her Christmas dress.  It's heart warming to spend Christmas with family and having Ava this year made everything just more sparkly.  She loves the tree.  She rolls and rolls to get close to it.  She loves touching it.  I don't know where in the world she gets her need to touch everything.  Ha.  My nickname growing up (oh hell it still is) is FINGERS.  Ava got a ton of presents...now I just have to figure out where to put everything.  Life is grand.

My parents have Ava all day today.  Todd is picking her up after work.  I have the whole day to do ME things.  I am meeting Kathy and Lisa for happy hour tonight.  Basically a good day to recharge.  I really do cherish my alone time.  During the "single years" I often didn't see another person all weekend.  On my way home from work on Fridays, I would swing by the liquor store and Blockbuster to rent movies.  I consider myself to be such an extrovert ...so the fact that I require some alone time is something it took me years to figure out.  I am lucky to have such an amazing support system.  I have no idea how single moms do it.  None.

The neighborhood kids are out in full force today.  I love seeing kids playing outdoors.  I just went outside for a few minutes and watched them laugh and play.  Sometimes I have to remember to enjoy the little things....like riding a bike or laughing at the playground.

I was just going through all the pictures from Christmas.  I am really disappointed how fat I still look.  Blah.  I lost all of my pregnancy weight right away...but I had gained weight during the time of "trying" to get pregnant with all of the hormones and stuff.  I really need to figure out a way to get this bod back in shape.

Well....off to do more ME stuff.  Kisses. xxx

No comments: