Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Date #5

John and I went on date #5 last night. I wonder when I will stop counting or keeping track of which date it is? Anyway. We went to the Avalanche game. He has connections and can get free tickets once in a while. So after work I headed to his house so we could jump on the lightrail by his house and head downtown.
As we were walking in, he is telling me about a trip to Boston he took with this really annoying guy. He was complaining that his friend never wanted to go out and eat the great food that Boston has to offer. And I say, "Yea, like cheesesteaks. Ahem...uhm... well.... well I guess Cheesesteaks are more of a Philly thing...but still." And he looks at me funny. And tells me that I "kinda lobbed that one up for him" (to hit out of the park). Ha. Yea, I guess I did.... an example of my spacey blonde side. Ha.
Our seats were amazing. We were sitting in the Avalanche's friends and family section of seating. John noticed a woman and her kid come in and sit next to us. He told me that he bets that they are the wife and kid of Pierre Turgeon and that he has scored 499 goals and might get 500 tonight. Scoring 500 career goals is a huge deal because only 30-something players have ever done that before in the history of the NHL. Anyway, Turgeon DID score his 500th goal and John high-fived Turgeon's wife and we got to see his daughter call on the cell phone and say "daddy just scored his 500th goal." It was a small slice of sports history and I won't ever forget it.

No comments: