Thursday, January 05, 2006

Ew Ew Ew!

I was at Babies R Us on Monday picking up a present for Baby Jaycie. As I was coming out of Babies R Us I saw 2 employees loading a huge crib into the back of a pick up truck. Standing next to the truck was a very pregnant woman who if you looked up "white trash" in the dictionary her picture would be featured as the example picture on the page for "white trash". You know the type; dirty messy hair, black/brown roots with brassy blonde "hair", 4 teeth, an old torn sweatshirt, badly fitting Levis and tube socks and tennis shoes.... well and probably 15 kids under the age of 10 at home (in the trailer). Anyway...this WT was SMOKING a CIGARETTE in front of Babies R Us. Ew Ew Ew! I felt my chin jut out, my head tip to the side and my brow furrow as I stopped mid-stride and just looked at her. My mouth fell open. All I could picture was her 8 month old fetus with a cigarette hanging out of it's mouth. EW! I stood there for what felt like 10 minutes and contemplated saying something to her....but actually got this sick feeling in my stomach and just shook my head at her and walked away. Honestly, what was I gonna say that would change this women's path? Nothing. Sadly, nothing.

No comments: