Thursday, January 19, 2006

Let it snow... let it snow... let it snow

All winter I have felt ripped off because we haven't gotten much if any snow in town. I love the snow. I can see outside while sitting at my desk...and I keep looking outside. It's soothing in some way to me. Don't get me wrong...I hate driving in this crap. Not because of MY driving...and I have an SUV. It's the other idiots on the road. I am still shocked by the people who don't turn on their headlights when driving in any sort of weather. Come ON! Regardless...I love the snow. It looks like a snow globe outside.

My college teammate and her doctor pals are coming in town this weekend from California to ski. FUN! I am not a big skier. I own my own equipment...and am a quite good skier. However, I am not a big fan of an activity that requires me to get up at the butt crack of dawn on the weekend, to sit in traffic, to go out and drop a small fortune to freeze my ass off. I am picking Steph up at the airport at 10:30 tomorrow night. We will get up at the butt crack to drive to Keystone to ski...then we will stay with the big group at a condo in Breckenridge. I am getting up early (again - blech) on Sunday to drive home to watch the AFC Championship game. My dad is pretty pissed at me for skiing on my bad knees. I understand his concern... since some days I drag a leg behind me because they hurt so bad. I tried to explain to him that I am not too proud to stop skiing and sit in the lodge and drink beer.... in fact... that will probably be what I do.

No comments: