Thursday, June 01, 2006

Mistaken Identity

I feel so bad for the families involved in the mistaken identity case of the 2 girls in Michigan who got in a car accident. One girl died and another girl was horribly disfigured on her face but was alive in intensive care. Both the doctor and the coroner made mistakes in identifying the girls. One family had a funeral for a girl they thought was their daughter. It wasn't their daughter. And another family prayed over another girl they thought was their daughter who in a coma. And it wasn't their daughter. So sad. So very very sad. I just have to wonder how the parents of the girl in the coma didn't figure out the girl in the hospital bed wasn't their daughter sooner. I know the girls had an eerie resemblance, but what about old scars, birthmarks, her hands, her ears (pierced? earrings?), her feet? I know what my family's hands and feet look like...hell...they look like mine. I have to believe that if someone I love was laying in a bed and their face was bandaged up...that I would know in my heart it was or wasn't my loved one. I feel so bad for them.

No comments: