Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Oh no you didn't David!

Last night I was watching Leno. I usually watch Letterman...but Leno had David Lee Roth as a musical guest. My morbid curiosity got the best of me...I had to see it. After David's crash and burn as a Syndicated Morning Dee Jay...I had to watch.
Oh...and his performance didn't disappoint.
The first shot of the stage you see has about 15 musicians with cellos, steel guitars, banjos, harps and flutes. I am thinking...damn...where the hell is Eddie Van Halen? The music starts up...it's an Irish Jig version of the Van Halen hit "Jump". Wha? Then David Lee Roth saunters on the stage. His hair is short and parted on the side. He has on an un-tucked button up surf-style shirt and jeans. He looks visibly nervous. His smile looks like a serial killer. He starts saying/singing "Might as well...oh...might as well...JUMP." Over and over. You can hear the sound of crickets in the audience. He starts pacing around the stage trying to get them to start clapping along by snapping his fingers really fast. His smile looks painted on...like the Joker (from Batman). "Oh oh oh...Might as well...oh...might as well...JUMP....JUUUMP!"
It was quite sad. I tried to find some footage...but it's late and I want to go home from work. Still cracking up. Whoa. No you didn't David.

No comments: