Thursday, January 18, 2007

I'm Lovin' It

I am 4 days into my new gig....well...in the office (training in Dallas not included). Besides the fact that I think my brain is leaking out of my ear due to too much information...all at once...things are going great.
I have spent my career observing some pretty shitty behavior by management...and making a mental note of it....thinking..."someday...when I am the boss...I will do it different." Well...now I am the boss...and I feel that I am making good on that promise. I was given a list of Dept. Heads to meet with to do an Orientation. I have decided to treat everyone in the office with the same respect...and I am meeting with everyone in the office...even the part time receptionist. If the boss doesn't understand that everyone who walks in the door of the office has importance...then who will? Anyway. To quote a great marketer.... I'm Lovin' It.
I have to add....I am used to being in an industry where people are crude. Where the sexual harrassement flows like the booze. Where some people say FUCK every other word....in meetings. Where other managers have commented that my boobs look good in my new shirt. I NOW work in a world that I have YET to hear even a "shit" or "hell" from a coworker. And no one is commenting on my boobs. Wow. Is this the real world? Ha.

No comments: