Thursday, February 15, 2007

Long lost blogger

A post from the long lost blogger......

I got a call at 3 pm yesterday at work informing me that I would be giving a 25 minute presentation/speech for an insurance company staff of 75 TODAY. Wha? Gulp. Deep breath. I wrote a speech and practiced it....and all went fine. But oh damn. Public speaking has never been my long suit. I am just like Jerry McQuire - I am the Queen (King) of the Livingroom. I can work a small room. But not a conference room of people. I will get better....even though I know I did an ok job. I set high standards for myself.

I have never been a fan of Valentines Day. Ever. But this year....I enjoyed the perfect amount of Valentines. Todd and I made Valentines cards, exchanged small gifts and had a lovely dinner at his house with a fantastic bottle of wine. Bliss.

I started coaching again a few weeks ago. The girls from last year's team are 7 months older...and it's amazing how much they have grown. They are very adorable and already developing into fantastic softball players. My favorite player from last year, Hannah, is not on the team this year. She wasn't sure if she wanted to play again this year...and the deadline past. I saw her at the softball clinic this past Sunday....what a dolly.

Congratulations to Cherill who is expecting her 4th baby. Holy shit. Four kids. Ha. The baby is due in Sept. She invited me to go with her to her amino....I am honored.

My sister and her husband moved back to Colorado in September....and despite many phone calls wanting to see them and their new place....nuttin. I guess I may never have a close friendship with Natalie. Breaks my heart.

My windshield has an annoying crack that goes from one side to the other. Pisses me off. I know it will be about $200 to get a new windshield. I keep virtually shopping with that $200...thinking of other things I would rather spend my money on. Damn.

No comments: