Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Wind

Yesterday Ava and I went for a great walk.  It was sunny and 70 degrees.  Perfect.  We got about 3 miles down the trail....and ran into another parent out with his kids.  He said, "it's it gorgeous out.  I thought it was supposed to crazy windy today."  I agreed and we went on our way.  Just then.... it was like God said, "really?  I will show you wind! POOOOWWWW!"  Awful hurricane force winds kicked up.  Holy crap.  I had to walk/run uphill for 3 miles pushing a 20 lb kid in a stroller that is NOT wind resistant in head on wicked wind.  Ava was protected with the cover on her stroller...which by the way made the stroller even LESS wind resistant....but she was still not happy.  It took me 30 minutes to get home.  I was dripping with sweat and so tired.  Today my legs are not sore...just so tired.  What a workout.  Blah!  I hate wind.  So much for a nice walk....blech...wind.  Pffffff. 

No comments: