Saturday, May 10, 2008

Rehersal dinner

Our rehearsal dinner is causing a load of drama on my side of the family. Now help me out here folks....a rehearsal dinner is traditionally attended by.....the bride & groom (duh), their immediate family, the wedding party and out of town guests. OK. My aunt (who is A. not in my immediate family. B. not in the wedding party. And C. not an out of town guest) is PISSSSSED OFFF that she is not invited to the rehearsal dinner. So pissed in fact that she made some shitty excuse as to why she won't host Mother's Day at her house this year. Good freaking lord. And to add insult to injury....she threw a fit (to my Grandma not to me or my mom) that I hadn't invited her freaking high school exchange student to the wedding. WTF? I have met this kid twice. But apparently she is pissed because "He is part of our family." Your family maybe...but come on. SOOOO...I hear she is pissed....I pick up the phone....I call her. I tell her that we are too close to each other for her not to call me about this before it got blown out of proportion. I invited the freaking exchange student and asked that she call me if something else is not being handled the way she wants. Now this. Now she is pissed again about the rehearsal dinner. Did she call me? Eh. No. She was sure to tell my anyone in my family who will listen...but me, my mom or my dad. Whatever. I have been a bridesmaid 14 times....so I have been around my share of weddings. And there is always ONE (or 12) who have to make issue of everything. I guess she is my one. I am most bummed that she didn't call me....I thought we were closer.

No comments: