Friday, December 02, 2005

I am officially old

I did something today that made me think, Emily - you are a crotchety old lady.

I made plans with a group of friends weeks ago to go to this Wine and Champagne Around the World party tonight. It's a fundraiser for some non-profit and it's being held in a mansion in Wash Park. Each room has a different drink and snack from a different part of the world. Sounds fun right? When we made plans weeks ago my friends said they would pick me up at 5 pm from my office and we would head over to the party. Well I just found out this morning that the hostess changed the start time to 8:30 pm. What? OK. It's a FRIDAY. After a long week of work, I am usually on the couch in my jammies by at least 9:30 pm. I get TIRED. I have just spent the last 3 hours sitting here trying to decide if I am gonna go. I decided to go to the party, I don't want to flake out on my friends. But damn... 8:30 pm? I guess the real question of the day is.... when did I get so old that I have to think about if I wanna go out past 10 pm on a weekend night? And the fact that the delicious thought of sitting on my couch is more appealing that a super hip party. I am officially old. Ha.

No comments: