Friday, December 02, 2005

Where are you Christmas spirit?

I love Christmas... I always have. I love love love Christmas lights. I particularly love white ones. Someday when I have a house with a yard again, I am going to hang white lights all over the place. In fact, when I lived in the basement at the Gaylord house, I used to leave them up year round hanging around each basement window. I stopped doing that when someone said to me "if you leave them up all year, they aren't special at Christmas time." Good point...I took them down. I have so much Christmas stuff. Tons. And when it's all set up it looks so cool. I have a full-trees-worth of ornaments. All different. All gifts or something I made as a kid. I used to put my Christmas stuff out so early... that some people found it annoying/funny....another Emily quirk that the people who know and love me appreciate....or tolerate. However, for some reason, this year, I am in a Christmas funk. No desire to pull the stuff out. Maybe I should invite some friends over for wine and Christmas music to help me. I think it's the thought of doing it alone. It's more fun with others. I dunno. Whatever, I decide, it's time to slap the Grinch in me....and start dreaming of a white Christmas.

No comments: