Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Close call at the mall

I went shopping for new dress to wear this weekend at Cherill and Scot's VEGAS wedding. I tried on nearly every dress in the entire department store. I had thoroughly scoured through all of the "little black dresses"....and nada. I am the Maid of Honor, and Cherill told me to find a dress that I like, that she wasn't going to make me buy some dress for her wedding that I will never wear again. That is all of the direction I got. So after what felt like an eternity of trying on dress after dress, I am sitting down on the floor in the dressing room. Frustrated that I haven't found something that will work. Then I hear a knock on the door to my dressing room. A eager and a wee bit annoying voice seems to be directed my way, "Are you in there?" And I say, "are you talking to me?" She says yes and tells me that she wants me to look at the dress she is wearing and wants me to tell her honestly if I think the dress will work for a morning wedding the next day. Crap. What if it's hideous? Will I have the guts to tell a stranger that she has bad taste? Hell, yes I do. So I open the door to find a petite little gal... who is sweet as pie. She tells me that the wedding is at 11 am... and outside... and wanted to know if the white with black dress that she picked out would work. It would. She has good taste... and I told her so and off she went. After she left, it occurred to me that I was only looking at black dresses for a wedding, next to a gorgeous pool, outside, in Vegas, in the morning.... and I will be standing next to the bride. I can't wear BLACK. Sheesh. Thank GOD that pushy girl wanted my opinion. As a sidenote, when I opened the door to talk to her I had on the ugliest dress ever.... that didn't flatter me at all.... which I didn't realize until AFTER I shut the door. Anyway. I picked out a fantastic pink silk dress.... that will look beautiful. Whew.

No comments: