Friday, September 02, 2005

DMB in ABQ

This past week (Tues - Thurs), my friend Kristie and I made a road trip to Albuquerque for the Dave Matthews Band concert. We decided to go to ABQ because Dave didn't include Denver on his initial tour date announcement. I didn't want to go 2 summers with no Dave. SIDEBAR! He didn't tour here last summer because of the infamous knife incident. Last fall some idiot threw a knife on the stage towards the end of the show at the Pepsi Center. So anyway, we wanted to see Dave in concert this summer. The 7-hour drive down was fun. We chatted and had a ton of fun. The show was amazing. Dave looks great, he's buff and hotter than he's been in years. He played "Don't Drink the Water" as the opening song. That song is about the massacre of the Native American Indians by the settlers, so it was quite moving to hear that song in an area so rich with Native American History. On the day of the show, my car got a flat tire while visiting a friend there.... man... we were lucky that it didn't happen while we were going 85 mph on the highway. We both were quite tired after the vacation and the ride home was painful. I came to the conclusion that I am a grown ass woman with money, and I never want to take a road trip anywhere that I can fly to. After we decided to go to ABQ, Dave announced a 3-night Denver stop at the wondrous Red Rocks. I got tickets in the 18th row for Sunday, Sept. 11th. Tickets close to my seats are selling on ebay for $1,500 a pair. I paid $68 a ticket. OUCH. Still.... I am going to the show...and I will enjoy the fact that my tickets are worth so much... I will soak up every second of it and lick up the happiness running off my fingers. And....I won't return my finacial advsiors calls until Monday, Sept. 12th.

I haven't heard from HHP for over a week. Sigh.

No comments: