Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Who would have thought?

Several weeks ago my garbage disposal made this whinny noise, a grinding noise, then stopped. It wouldn't turn back on. DAMN! I have been busy...and haven't had time to put a new one in. I know I can put a new one in because I watched my roommates Em and Jenn do it once. Well, the kitchen was starting to stink from the food down there...and I am sure as hell not gonna put my hand down there to clean it out. So, I just got down under the sink, turned the damn water off, pulled everything out from underneath the sink, put a bucket underneath and lined the inside with plastic. I am running my hands around the side of the disposal to find where the screw is so I can take the damn thing off and bring it with me to Home Depot to get a new one....and I hear a clicking noise. I hit some button on the side that is some sort of re-set button...and now it works. Don't get me wrong, I am so happy that I didn't have to replace that stupid thing...but who would have thought it has a re-set button? Man... I wish more things came equipped with a re-set button.

2 comments:

KOM said...

I had a similar experience several years ago. I had called my landlord over to take a look at the disposal. The first thing he asked is whether I had checked the reset. After a few moments of phone silence he said "I guess not. Call me if it doesn't work after that." I like to think of myself as at least marginally handy, so it was definately emasculating to learn that I was the only one in the world (now one of two) that didn't know about the reset.

Pantala Naga Pampa said...

Hello Kom,
Yea, you're not alone. And now I know that I am not either!
Ha!