Sunday, September 04, 2005

Horrified

I am horrified by the recent hurricane Katrina that hit the Gulf Coast. I actually had a friend tell me "they knew it was coming, they (the people who didn't leave) got what they deserve." HUH? What an uneducated statement. Yes, some people choose not to leave. They have seen many hurricanes, and choose not to leave. HOWEVER, most of the people killed, starving and/or stranded by this category 4 hurricane were too poor to leave. It's so sad and I haven't been able to sleep since I saw the pictures of the real-life horror. I wake up blinking and rubbing my eyes trying to wash the picture of the body flooding in a fountain near the Super Dome out of my head. President Bush, where were YOU? Oh yes, I remember, you were golfing. I am calling for your impeachment. I have seen enough.

No comments: