Monday, August 21, 2006

All that glitters is gold

Here is a picture of Todd and I at the Friday Happy Hour for my birthday!
My birthday weekend was fan-freaking-tastic.
Friday night a group of us got together for happy hour. The plan was to go to Uptown...but when Christine got there at 4:30 to get us a table...the place was packed...no tables for us. I instantly went into event-planner mode and came up with Plan B. We moved to The Boca Room (aka The Peach Pit After Dark/The Lounge). The Boca Room just recently changed management and got completely remodeled. It was perfect. We took over the patio and had a rockin time. The guest list was small...I only included the people who asked what I was doing for my birthday or asked if they could take me out for my birthday. Todd got to meet some more of my friends and that was wonderful. Great time.
Saturday (my actual birthday) Todd took me to Vesta Dipping Grill for dinner. I got to wear my new blue dress and felt like a million bucks. As a side note, I have never had a boyfriend on my birthday. In high school and college I would always break up with my boyfriends for the summer...no attachments....summer lovin'. And now, as an adult...timing never worked out so that I had a boyfriend on my birthday. Anyway. Todd and I got to the restaurant and I opened my gift from him. He had been talking about my gift for weeks...and I could read some nervousness on his face. He got me the most gorgeous gold necklace. It's really long with many circle hoops connecting it all together....the line at Jared Jewelers is called Geometric. It can be worn at many different lengths. It's very funky...it's very me. He did a great job. We joked several times mocking that stupid TV commercial...."HE went to Jared." You would have to know that dumb commercial to get it...but I think it's hilarious. I am a smitten kitten.

No comments: