Friday, August 25, 2006

Highlight to lowlight

I went yesterday to the salon to get a highlight....to make me blonde girl again! I arrived at 2:10 pm and sat right down in my stylist's chair. She foiled my partial highlight in about 35 minutes...so it's 2:45 pm. She gave me a handful of magazines and then POOF! She vanished for 50-55 minutes. I watched the stylist in the chair next to mine do a FULL highlight, cut and style in the time I was sitting in the foils....waiting. After my butt started to fall asleep and I realized I had read all 4 rag-magazines...I got up asking where the HELL Amanda was. Minutes later she comes back. I look at her and say, "I was getting worried...I..." and she just ushered me back to her chair and styled my hair. I was PIIIISSSSED! First of all, I left work to go get this done and she made me sit and wait for her to do God knows what?!? When she was finished, she says to me, "sorry you were worried!" And I replied, "Well I sat and watched her (pointing to the stylist next to me) do a full highlight, cut and style all in the time I just sat here." She blows off my comment by saying, "Oh well, she's fast." Wha? I pay and only tip her $13 on $95 (I normally tip her at least 20%) and leave. As I am driving past the front of the salon, I see Amanda talking to the owner of the salon...and then Amanda runs out of the salon crying. I instantly feel bad. Who knows what was going on in her life that she needed to take care of? Maybe she needed that time to regroup, call a friend, cry alone....who knows? It bothered me all the rest of the day...and hung a gray haze over my usual glow after leaving the salon. But the more I think about it today...I am not happy again. If she needed another stylist to finish my highlight and get me on my way.....then she needed to do that. Not make me sit in a chair looking like an alien with tinfoil sticking out all over my head. Is that mean?

No comments: