Friday, August 18, 2006

For about 15 minutes

For about 15 minutes last night I felt old.
I had my 2nd co-ed softball game (I am playing not coaching) and I got hurt AGAIN. Gone are the days where I could play 7 games a day in 100 degree heat and not even be sore. Our first game was last Thursday. I slid into 3rd (I was safe) to avoid getting my block knocked off by the steroid-fed short stop on the other team who was firing a throw to 3rd to try and get me out....and I sliced the top 5 layers of skin off of my right shin. Sexy. It looked like a huge 6" x 4" burn on my leg. It hurt like a mo-fo. After the game, Todd cleaned up my wound, and took care of me for days. Then last night, I pulled my left quad muscle. Great...TWO gimp legs. I even stretched and got warmed up before the game and still got hurt.
I pouted for about 15 minutes. Todd told me I wasn't old. I took a shower and had a new attitude.

No comments: