Friday, August 25, 2006

Susie

Happy Birthday to my dear friend Susie!
I met Susie about 7 years ago at my old job. She was (and is) always the den-mother at work. She takes care of everything and everyone. She has been in radio over 30 years and knows everything and everyone in the business too. Although we grew up in different generations...we are the same person in so many ways and connect on so many levels. I respect her drive, her heart, her loves, her challenges, her ideas, her beliefs, her intelligence, her soul, her whole being. Susie and I could sit in a vacant room with no other entertainment (other than each other) and be totally content forever....chatting and telling stories.
Athough we had worked together for a while...the first time we actually sat down and chatted was at a company softball game. I found myself telling her stories about myself that I hadn't totally admitted even to myself yet. Her caring soul made me believe that I could trust her...and tell her my hopes, fears, sadness...and I wouldn't be judged or shunned. That was the beginning of a wonderful friendship.
She's such a strong woman and I am proud to call her friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl I feel you! The other day in the salon I waited 2 freaking hours before my stylist even touched me! I would have left but I was so engrossed in a magazine that by the time I realized that I was pissed, the other salon I go had closed. What makes it so bad is that she was the owner so my only recourse was to leave without tipping her. I know, I know, but I go every week so I'll make it up to her...eventually.