Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dinner

Want to know what stresses me out every-single-day? Freaking what to make for dinner. My beloved husband is a picky eater. Before we were married I used to just start cooking when I got home...whatever popped in my head first. Todd would eat it...and not say one word. But I would notice he didn't eat much...and would often have a bowl of cereal later. But now that we are married....it's somehow different. Now if I start cooking before he gets home without asking what he is in the mood for.... sweet my Todd will come home and say he wasn't in the mood for that and have cereal 9 times out of 10. Ha.

Now, please folks, please don't think that I am complaining or bitching about my huz....even though most of you are shaking your head and thinking.....Damn. Just cook and he can freaking eat cereal every night right? Hahah. I know that most husbands are just thrilled to have a hot meal and would eat cardboard if we put gravy on it. However, Todd does like what he likes. And I love him for it. And from what I can tell...what he wants for dinner depends on 2 elements. One, the weather, if it's hot as hell he wants something light for dinner. I guess that is reasonable right? And two, what he had for lunch that day. If he had a light lunch or an early lunch, he wants pasta or a casserole or something in the meat and potatoes department.

So picture our house around dinner time. I have reviewed the freezer and pantry and have come up with 3 options for dinner. He tells me the top 2 he wants and I pick the one I want from those 2 options. I just read what I typed and think I am crazy as a shit-house rat to do this...but we do things for the ones we love...right?

Man...I kinda feel like a bitch posting this....but this is a day in my life...and this shit stresses me out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No worries dear...we all struggle with what to make for dinner. Even the good wives cringe at the phrase, "What's for dinner?"

Anonymous said...

I am not a good cook, I do not enjoy cooking, and I am a really picky eater. I stress out about dinner EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. But I cook stuff that I think my hubby and kids will eat, or what I know they love - because I love them. The fact that you stress out about it, proves that you love him and want to do things to make him happy. If you didn't worry about it or it didn't make you angry when you have to jump through hoops to get dinner on the table, it would show that you just don't give a shit, and that's not you. You are caring and love him tons.
Doesn't make it a bit damn easier though, huh?
You are not alone. Good luck!