Friday, August 26, 2005

Mr. G

My mom just called me and told me that my favorite teacher, Mr. G passed away. He was my 6th grade teacher at Lasley Elementary. He was 67 and passed away of a pulmonary embolism after open heart surgery. He died on my birthday. I had to ask my mom (the nurse) what a pulmonary embolism was exactly. I got a very medical explanation for it, but in simple terms, its a blood clot that happens after surgery. He has a daughter, Turi, who I was friends with briefly. We are the same age. Last I heard she was an actress in Hollywood. Apparently she is back living in Denver. Its funny how I am experiencing an odd feeling of loss. I haven't spoken to Mr. G in years, probably 15 years, and I feel like my dear friend who I talk to everyday is now gone. One memory I have of Mr. G is when he found me and my "boyfriend" Cory kissing after school. The look on his face was so funny, he looked amused. Mr G..... I will never forget you. I will always remember your warm face and quick smile. Find my Grandpa A., he's in heaven too, you two will be good friends.

No comments: