Thursday, August 25, 2005

Wheel of Fortune

I love Wheel of Fortune. I often find myself making an appointment with myself to be home by 6:30 pm to see the show. I have a Wheel Watcher Spin ID number and the whole sha-bang. And for the record, I am not a 78 year old retiree. Besides all of the normal stuff people love about game shows including the ability to play vicariously, I am fascinated by Pat Sajak. I can tell in the first few minutes of the game which contestants he likes, and which ones he hates. And I know hate is a strong word... but he's a funny little man. The ones he hates, he interrupts and makes fun of them, which makes me laugh and hoot at the television, because I usually don't like the same people as Pat. My favorite part of the show is at the very end of the game during the Bonus Round. If the person doesn't guess the puzzle, they instinctively shout out the correct answer right after all of the letters have been put up. This fires Pat up. He makes some crap comment about "well, it's easy with all of the letters up" EVERY TIME without fail. Then when he has to open the prize envelope and show everyone what's inside, the contestant always says, without fail, "that's ok"... which usually drives Pat into a hot frenzy and is always followed by another crap comment like "of course it's ok, you just won $27,950 dollars." It's the small things that make me giggle. Sorry Pat, pun totally intended.

No comments: