Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Jury Is Out

I just finished watching the Oscars. I have to admit...not as thrilling of an experience as I typically enjoy. Oh well. Daniel Day Lewis? I didn't see the movie...so my comments should stop there. Too many of the movies nominated were bloody films...and that's not my cup of tea.

I have been fearing the implosion of my pocket computer calendar. It keeps all of my meetings and appointments...and I rarely go anywhere without it. It's really a piece of crap that I was issued from my non-profit employer...so it's death is not shocking to me. When I started at this job...I swore I would always use my paper (yes...paper) day-timer. I had the same one since I started my career. Every year, I would go and buy the replacement pages for the insides...my calendar. In fact, I remember going to the local office supply store and picking out the style of my day timer notebook. Just to give you perspective...the outside notebook was paisley. OK. Can you say 1989? Yup. Anyway...I fell in love with my computer day-timer...and it's impending death was freaking me out. I went to a store today to look at Smart Phones. Todd and I walk into the store and I announce that I plan to up my minutes package to around 1300 minutes a month and I am in the market for a Smart Phone. Side Bar: We live in an area of town that is up and coming....new store EVERYwhere. I picked this Verizon store because every time I go in...or drive by....no one is in there. OK. No customers. Back to the story. I tell this sales dude my deal. And to cut this story WAY short....he was trying to sell me the phone I wanted for $500. WTF? It's listed in the store with rebates for $299. Anyway. We told the sales guy he was not going to get our business for that price. We came home and found the exact phone with $65 in upgrades for $180 on ebay. Yes. It will be here by Friday. I called Verizon and I can hook this new phone to my current phone number for no charge. Why on earth would anyone ever buy a phone from a Verizon store. I dunno. I may have the answer in a week when the phone I purchased doesn't work. OR...I may be your saving grace for future purchases....the jury is out.

No comments: