Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Bird

Todd and I went and met with our wedding photographer tonight. He's a cool guy and the meeting was awesome. We are driving home and WHAMO. A huge ass red-breasted robin was hit by the truck next to me then slammed into the left front bumper of my car...then slid up my windshield and on to my roof. The poor bird got stuck on my luggage rack. Dear Lord. It was flipping around on my roof as I drove...FLIP FLIP FLIP....stuck under the luggage rack....and giving off white feathers that flew off behind my car like smoke from the exhaust. I was freaking. Drivers in other cars were pointing at the freaking bird on top of my car. I KNOW. I KNOW it's up there you dummies. Todd is in the car behind me and I hit my brakes and he pulls along side and my car. I am distraught. He calls me and says we will pull over on one of the dirt roads by our house and get him off and bury him. We do. He was dead...thankfully....when we pulled over. He took the snow scraper and got him out from under the luggage rack. Honestly. What would I have done without him? You know what? I know EXACTLY what I would have done. Drove straight to my dad's house and had HIM take that bird off of my roof. Ewh. We buried the robin up and said a prayer.

No comments: