Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Coupon

I have a Burger King close to my work.  Generally, I only go there to buy a soda for the road.  Who needs the calories or the stomach ache right?  Anyway.  Last time I was there to buy a soda they asked me if I wanted to buy a coupon book and support this local school.  Sure.  I tossed the coupon book in my purse and forgot about it.  Today I was starving and needed a quick bite between appointments.  I swung into Burger King.  I decided I would get a Whopper Jr (no onions), fry and soda.  Bad girl.  Anyway.  I see that the Value Meal is $3.59.  I show the girl at the counter my "coupon" for a free fry and order the burger and the drink.  She says, "that will be $5.62." Whoa.  I asked her why so much?  A freaking Value Meal is $3.59.  She explains that when I order the things separate it's more expensive...but that is the only way to use the "coupon"....can't do Value Meal price.  OK.  I know it's the lunch hour and no one wants to see me get up on my high-horse...over a couple bucks...but I did.  The manager came over and I explained the situation and how the math didn't add up.  My meal ended up being $3.00....but I am pretty sure it came with a free booger.

No comments: