Sunday, March 02, 2008

Addicted

I am addicted to Ebay. I am wondering if I will ever buy certain items in a store ever again. I have purchased a Treo smart-phone and all of the accessories including a blue tooth headset, case and car charger...for 1/4 the retail price. NEW. I bought my favorite bottle of perfume, for 1/2 price. I found the EXACT wedding veil I wanted for $15....they were charging me $250 at the store. WTF? I have found so many things...at an awesome deal. I have no idea if I will ever shop in a mall ever again. Plus, I am so competitive I love the auctions. Love them. Plus, how fun is it to come home and have GOOD mail. A box or something other than a bill to open. Bliss.

The wedding planning is coming along so wonderfully. I had my first dress fitting on Saturday. It was crazy to see the dress all pinned and hemmed to fit me. I love my dress. It is elegant and pretty. Love it. Todd and I worked on our wedding budget today. We are 100% on track to pay for every piece of the wedding before we walk down the aisle. Thanks to our parents and some good planning. Whew. We are going to taste cake next Saturday...yum.

Work has been hell. This past week was probably my worst week ever at work. On Monday at 12 noon, my new hire....resigned. Sweet. He took a temporary job. He must have really wanted out. I have spent the past 5 1/2 months training this douche bag....and he resigns. OK. I get it...this is a tough gig. But we are 2 months out from our biggest fundraising event....and he resigns. I knew he was having a tough time...but thought that he was adjusting to the job decently...it's tough to get used to the amount of work here. OK. Here's the crap of the deal. I started digging through his stuff. He has not worked in at least 6 weeks. Ya. SIX weeks....probably more. He has been telling me that this-that-and-the-other is done. Nope. Not done. He has spent his time on freaking you-tube & applying for jobs...AT WORK. What a back-stabbing slacker. Oh well. At least I found out now. I can fix his slacker behavior before our biggest fundraiser. However, that will require me to work more than the 60 hours a week I am currently putting in. But this too shall pass. I am proud to announce that that our chapter won a national award for excellence in 2007 that will mean a HUGE bonus for me. (Did I say huge???) The kind of bonus that pays for a wedding. I will stick it out to get that payday. All of those long hours feel a little worth it for this. Plus...it's nice to win a national award. Resumes like national awards.

Cherill is about to deliver Jaxon any day now. Can't wait to meet that sweet boy. I heart you Cherill. You are in my thoughts and prayers. If you need me for anything....let me know. HUGS!

I could use some prayers. The lease with my renter is up in May. Please pray for me that he will want to BUY my condo. Buy it at least at cost of my loan. Please. PRAY. At the very least...want to sign another lease. Pray. Fingers. Crossed.

Maria and Brian's baby A.J. is doing so well. He is home and happy and thriving. Prayers are always needed for this little dude....please think of him in your prayers.

Cheers my naughty monkeys.

No comments: