Monday, January 19, 2009

Ahhh a day off

My office is closed for MLK day. Can you say 3 day weekend? Some sweet Emily time today. Poor Todd has to work. Think I will eat cold pizza, watch Price is Right and blog....and maybe later get a massage. Sounds like a great day to me!!

Last night Todd and I were talking about what an historic week this week is. Today is Martin Luther King day....and tomorrow....our country will swear in the first African American President. I was in awe watching the coverage of the concerts held at the Lincoln Memorial over the weekend. Hundreds of thousands of people showed up to witness this amazing and historic event. As I scanned the faces in the crowd I saw young and old, white and black, all socioeconomic groups....it was a-maz-ing. I hope the rest of the world is watching the United States of America rally behind our new leader and the leader of the Free World....regardless of who they voted for....we are united once again. Makes me proud to be an American.

As a total side note, some lady in a ridiculous shirt just won a car on Price is Right. I met Drew Carey once. I was working in radio and we did a broadcast from the grand opening of the new Disney California Adventure. I was standing in the amusement park right on the ocean watching the Beach Boys on stage with John Stamos on the drums....with a lobster tail on a stick in one hand and a beer in the other hand....hell yes I was eating lobster on a stick...and it was dripping with butter. Anyway....I turn and look at a guy standing next to me also enjoying a lobster on a stick and had a beer in the other hand and said, "Seriously, does it get ANY better than this?" And he smiled at me and said, "I don't think it could, I mean c'mon lobster on a stick? Beer?" We both laughed. I turned back to him and said, "You're Drew Carey." And he said yes. I said, "I didn't recognize you without your glasses on." And he replied, "I got lasik so I only wear my glasses on stage, on tv...you know." We went on talking about how cool lasik surgery was for both of us and parted ways.

Man....I have a lot of things going through my head right now.

No comments: