Friday, January 02, 2009

Broncos Blues

Last night Todd sarcastically shouted from the kitchen, "Hey Em, when is the Bronco's playoff game this weekend?" Humpf. I have Broncos blues. My beloved Broncos are not in the playoffs again this year AND Mike Shannahan got fired. I have mixed feelings about his firing. After watching the press conference on Wednesday morning, I had this lump in my gut. Mike sure acted like a total professional. I was so impressed....and sad. When Mike said he didn't get the job done and that is why he was fired...my heart broke. Dang. No boo hoo. No pointing the finger. He OWNED it. Wow. I sure wish we had won that San Diego game. But things happen for a reason. Maybe it was time for a change. I thought about Mike and his family in New Years Eve....wondering if they were able to celebrate. Broncos blues suck. Kinda like the Broncos last 3 seasons.

No comments: