Sunday, March 15, 2009

Facebook

Hello. My name is Emily and I am a Facebook-aholic. I love Facebook. I don't like the applications and quizzes and crap...I just like checking out pictures and status updates. Maybe I would be better served by just doing "Twitter". Anyway. I was thinking the other night that Facebook is simply on-line voyeurism. I have opened this portal to everyone who I have met over my 36 years on this planet to see what I am doing, pictures of what I am doing and what I am thinking. I guess this all started when an ex-boyfriend of mine posted a comment on one of my pictures. Things with this ex ended nasty including a law suit...but we got over it and moved on. I felt like saying...."what business it of yours?" I know. I know. I could just block him or not of allowed me to be a "friend" but that is not the point. I starting thinking, that he lost his chance/privilage to know how I am when he broke my heart....right? Facebook opens a door to your private life....and I guess we all have to see if what is on the other side of the door is something we want to share with the world. I posed this question the other night at happy hour with Erin and Emily P. And....Em P had a great point. She said, why wouldn't I want people to see how I am doing? I have a great life. A great husband. And I couldn't be happier. Good point Em. Cheers!

No comments: