Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Today

My parents picked up Ava this morning for their regular Tuesday babysitting day.  I had to laugh, after they left I paced around the house for 30 minutes like I didn't know what to do with myself.  When I realized what I was doing I giggled...silly me.  I don't know why I was acting so lost.  I have planned my entire day and made a list of things I want to get done....no shock there. Ha.   I have spent my morning so far uploading pictures to Ava's blog, organizing photos on the computer, removing our address from the enormous amount of catalogs and phone books we get delivered to our home, and playing on the computer.  Successful morning so far. 

I am getting a full highlight and haircut at 1 pm at the new Aveda salon by our house.  Bliss.  I made a tragic mistake in November in regards to my hair.  I decided to be a "kitchen beautician" and I colored my hair myself.  Disaster.  I know better.  My roots turned this awful red and the rest just dried up.  Good work.  I know money is tight...but I have always found money to do my hair.  After the disaster, I went to the salon and had my hair fixed, which ended up costing more than if I had just had it done in the first place.  Dumb, right?  Ha.  While sitting in the salon getting my hair fixed, I realized that I had stopped buying many things for myself that make me feel good....because money is tight.  I stopped buying good lotion.  My skin was so dry I was so itchy.  The cheap crap I was buying was just not cutting it.  I hadn't bought good razors to shave in forever. My legs and arm pits were so beat up it was ridiculous.  I hadn't bought good hair products for styling and conditioning....my hair was a mess.  I hadn't been buying good products to clean and moisturize my face.  My skin looked like a teenager going through puberty.  My make up was so expired and icky, I just looked horrible.  All of these things lumped together was doing awful things for my self esteem which is not good.  I changed all that a few weeks ago with the help of my Christmas money.  I told Todd about this and he was so sad that I hadn't been buying these important things for myself.  He rocks.  He was the one that insisted that I get a FULL highlight and haircut.  I had been doing just a partial highlight and getting my hair cut at SuperCuts.  I have to remember to take care of me.  Makes me a better care-giver.  Can't wait for my appointment this afternoon.

Here's a picture of Ava and Uncle Bob from our wonderful visit to Salt Lake City.  We had a blast and Ava was a champ on the airplane.  There were many screaming kids, and none of the screams were from our girl.


No comments: