Saturday, January 07, 2012

Glenn

A friend from work died a few days ago.  He was a member of our board of directors....and I really liked him.  He was a few years older than me and had more money than anyone else I know.  He had a pent house in downtown overlooking the baseball field.  In fact, I joked with him that the patio at his pent house was bigger than my whole condo.  (It was)  This pent house was not his main home....just where he liked to hang out once in a while.  His main home was in Castle Pines next door to many Denver Broncos.  I was at a party at the Castle Pines mansion this summer.  He showed me his car "museum".  He had a Lamborghini, Mercedes, Porsche SUV and a classic Ford.  OK.  I will stop, my friend Glenn was loaded. 

No one has really told me (nor to people know) the whole story of how a 44 year old man died so young.  I know a few things.  I know he fell to his death off the patio at his pent house downtown.  I have heard he and his girlfriend were fighting before he died.  Lots of talking and rumors flying around.  Some think he jumped.  Some think he fell.  Some think she pushed him.  It's all so fraught.  Part of me really needs to know how he died.  I'm not sure why...but I do.  I think I can process his death that way.  Maybe make sense of it?  I dunno.  I don't think we will ever know the truth.  My heart hurts for his family.  I only mentioned how much money Glenn had to highlight how money doesn't buy happiness.  It sure makes things easier...but not happier.  I really hope he didn't jump.  I think that would suck more than anything.

No comments: