Monday, March 14, 2011

Sun

It's supposed to be 68 degrees today.  Ava and I are gonna go for a walk in the sun.  Yay! 

We had such a busy weekend.  I went to Erin's baby shower.  She is having twin girls.  It was such a fun shower.  In the past...I have generally not enjoyed baby showers.  I have always tried to figure out why....maybe it's the silly shower games, the squealing women when every present is opened...or maybe because I soooo wanted to have a baby. I still don't know for sure.  I DO know that I had a great-fab-wonderful time at Erin's shower.  Yes, I have a baby now, maybe that is it.  But truly I think it was because it was hosted at a cool French restaurant.  The company was very nice.  And...I am so freaking happy for Erin.  Seriously....so happy.  Besides MY shower...I have loved this shower the most of all.  Good times.

After the shower, I hurried home scooped up my family and darted down to Littleton for my Grandpa Cheever's 89th birthday party.  Wow....89....I hope to be so lucky to live so long.  I love him so.

Sunday the fun continued with a brunch with the ex-radio-geeks.  Paul, Sharon, Katie, Christine, Sadie, Julie, Adam, Olivia, Max, Fizz, Sarah, Delilah, Todd, Ava...and me.  Of that group of ex-radio-geeks...only Adam still works in radio.  It was such fun and we laughed a lot.  It was fun to watch our kids all play together.  At one point I sat back and enjoyed the fact that we all have been friends for so long.  We have all seen so many different phases of our lives together.  Good friends. 

I feel blessed.

No comments: