Sunday, June 04, 2006

A fresh new start

The end of the weekend usually means "blah" for me. But after my wonderful weekend...I am looking forward to a fresh new start of a week. This weekend was what I needed to recharge...even though I worked for 5 hours on Saturday.
Friday: My girl's softball team had a game. We won 20 - 10. The girls played so well. I was beaming with pride. After the game my parents and I went to dinner...then I went home and laid on the couch and watched Brokeback Mountain. I hadn't seen it yet. After watching it I wondered if I would have made the same faces of shock with others there.
Saturday: Like I said, I worked for 5 hours. I needed to drive around and look at potential billboards for an advertising campaign. Took a nap in the A/C. Then, my bro came over for dinner and to watch Harry Potter - The Goblet of Fire (4th movie). I haven't read any of the books or seen any of the other movies. My bro knows everything about Harry Potter...so he was playing the part of the narrator.
Sunday: I went to the pool for what I fear was about 30 minutes too long. I got a sunburn. I hope it doesn't peel in time for the wedding. I went to the grocery store. Watched Match Point...interesting movie. Took a nap. Made dinner. Paid bills. Balanced my checkbook. Cleaned my house. Bought Kristen's baby shower gift online and had it shipped to her house in Chicago.
I got everything done that I wanted to this weekend including napping and some pool time. I feel like a million bucks. Ready for another day...which is more than I could have said anyday in the last 2 weeks. Va Va Voom!

No comments: