Saturday, June 17, 2006

I've got a cat for sale....really cheap!

This morning I was sitting at my kitchen table drinking coffee paying bills online...and my cat Sasha comes tearing around the corner and leaps to jump on my lap. Well... she missed my lap and then dug her claws into my leg to catch herself from falling. She sliced my left leg up really bad. I have one long cut and several puncture wounds. Sweet. I grabbed her and tossed her to the ground and then shouted FUCK about 10 times. My leg started bleeding so I showed Sasha her handy work. She looked horrified. And has spent the last several hours trying to love on me. Damn cat. Now she is pouting in the corner. Ladies & Gentlemen...I've got one black cat for sale...I will sell her really cheap....hell...I might PAY you to take her.
The pool at my building has been taken over by pool hoppers. The best kind of pool hoppers....white trash with 15 kids. There aren't any kids that live in my building, so they really stand out. Plus they stand out because they don't look like they could afford a place in my building. Don't get me wrong...I am not rich...and I don't live in the Ritz... just these people have 4 teeth and scream "I don't belong here." I had my suit on to go down....no thank you.
Tonight is Selena and Jason's going away party at Christine and Jaime's house. It's not a huge get-together...just the core group of about 25. I finished the video of pictures put to music yesterday. It's 7:47...which is really long considering that each picture is only on the screen 3 seconds. I have about 130 pictures. I couldn't figure out how to burn the video from Premier in a DVD file...so I saved it as a VCD...and have to fiddle with my DVD player setting to get it to run...but it does....so victory. I will play the video at the party tonight. I hope they like it. Maybe I could do these videos as a 2nd job on the side. My wedding gift to my sister is a video of her wedding.
Speaking of the wedding, my sister's wedding is less than a week away. Most everything is done. I did the entire itinerary last night... planning out every minute and every song of the ceremony and the reception. Natalie reviewed the itentery...and was really happy. I got my dress...and it is sassy. I love it. Still need to find shoes...I will probably do that tomorrow. No one has heard where the rehearsal dinner is yet...but oh well....ya know? It's not my wedding. It will go off wonderfully...and everyone will be happy.
The little 8 year old girls softball team that my dad and I have been coaching is really doing well. Our record is 4-2. Our 2 losses are to a team that has played together for 3 years. Remember the coach that freaked out on me? Ya...that team. In fact, when we played them last week...that same coach was talking shit to me the entire game. I ignored him. What a tool. Anyway. They have 2 girls on their team that look like they are 14. It's nuts...8 year olds with boobs. But our team is doing great. Not bad for a 1st year team. Just a few weeks ago we were showing the girls which hand their glove goes on...and explaining what a ball and strike was. It's been fun. I really enjoy the girls...and especially all of the quality time with my parents.
Work has been...well...challenging...recently to say the least. We had a shift in the top management and the change scared the shit out of me. I would rather dance with the devil I know...than the devil I don't. However, for the first time in a long time I feel empowered at work. I was always involved with everything...but was the "yes man" and just did what I was told to do...for the most part. With the new management, I have been given a ton more responsibility...and it's fantastic. I am doing all of the marketing...and making the creative decisions...it's wonderful. Once the dust settles you can bet that I will be asking for a raise. Ha.

No comments: