Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Gemmiest gem

OH....how did I forget to mention the gemmiest gem of my mom's Freudian slips on our family vacation?
We were all playing poker having some cocktails after a fun day in the outdoors...and my mom is telling Todd about me...as a baby. She tells him that she was a young mom and didn't know that she wasn't supposed to start feeding me baby food at 2 months old. But that I...and I quote..."had a great gag reflex, she could use her tongue and knew how to swallow." Todd's eyes got as big as saucers. My mouth fell open. I looked at my dad who was laughing SO hard that he was slapping his knee...and laughing so hard he had lost sound...just cracking up so hard. OH my. The room erupted in a roar of laughter. My mom (bless her heart) was just sitting there with a confused look on her face. Ahhh. LOL!

No comments: