Sunday, September 24, 2006

Life is Good

Life feels back to normal. I feel good. I feel together...finally. I just paid bills, balanced my checkbook, filed paperwork...and my house and home feels clean and together. Whew.
I had a great weekend so far.
Friday - the gang went to the Paramount to celebrate with Selena and Jason who are in town from England. Man...it was great to see them...and they got to meet Todd.
Saturday - I went to my dad's team's softball game (he's coaching my old High School's team). They won...exciting finish. I did have to laugh though...he was tougher this summer on the 8 year old girls than he was on the 18 year olds. Interesting. After the game, I went over to Denver Mattress to just "look" at a new mattress. Todd showed me how badly worn my mattress was....that the springs were shot. I admitted to him that my arms and hands often fall asleep when I sleep...and he told me it's because my body is not getting the support that it needs for a good night sleep. I honestly can't remember ever getting a new mattress...and I have had my bedroom set since I was a kid. Sad? Yes. So I went to just look....and walked out with a new mattress set for $350...pretty good deal for a gorgeous pillow top mattress, box spring and mattress pad. I brought it home....unloaded it into my place...by myself. Then took my old mattress and box spring down to the dumpster. I was a girl on a mission. I still can't believe that I carried that stuff 100 yards down the hall....then up and down 3 flights of stairs....by myself. I took a nap today on my bed.... ahhhh...this is what people have been talking about. I love my new bed. Saturday night, Todd and I went to dinner then to see Little Miss Sunshine. It did not disappoint. I am sure (and actually Todd commented) that I was laughing harder and louder than everyone in the theatre. I loved this flick. I loved every character. And Olive reminded me of Hannah from the team I coached this summer....heart...100% heart. Love it.
Anyway...today...Sunday...I went to brunch with the girls...then home to take the afore mentioned nap...and just finished paying bills. I am getting ready to head to Todd's to watch the Broncos game...he is making dinner.
Bliss. Life is good. I am a smitten-kitten. Did I mention how great life is?

No comments: