Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Christmas Survey

My friends love to send those "get to know your friends" surveys. I usually don't participate. Yawn! But this one I did.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate always. Egg Nog on New Years Day
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps the presents and puts 'em under the tree.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but my mom hangs it and no one in the family walks anywhere NEAR the stuff.

5. When do you put your decorations up? First weekend in Dec...typically.
6. Favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Green bean casserole
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: This isn't a favorite...but a story that my mom brings up every year. The blizzard of '82 was freaky for my family. We had gone over to my grandparent's house for Christmas eve....and then realized it wasn't safe to drive the whole family back to our house...I was 10...but my brother was 7 and my sister was 1...and since we couldn't get home...they were FREAKING OUT that Santa wouldn't be able to find us. LOL. So after we went to bed with tear streaked faces....my dad and grandpa got in the car and drove for HOURS in the shit (before cell phones) to get our presents....it was a 2 mile drive...and they had to dig themselves out several times. My grandma and mom were FREAKED. Damn kids. I would have told them to shut the hell up and deal with the fact that Santa wasn't coming to our house. LOL.

Actually, favorite memory was every Christmas my Grandpa A. was alive for....especially when we were kids. He LOVED Christmas. In general, he was kinda salty and crabby...but during Christmas...he wore this shit-eating grin from ear to ear. Ahhh.

OH and another great one. The year that the movie soundtrack for Purple Rain came out...my brother and I both got a boom-box and a cassette of that sound track. I put mine on in the kitchen while we were eating Christmas breakfast....and about 6 songs in.... "Darling Nicki" came on...."I met her in a hotel lobby masturbating with a magazine..." My dad crapped his pants...and my parents fought the rest of the day. LOL.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I snuck out and saw my dad putting together a bike for my brother. I confronted him later...and he told me to keep my mouth shut and not ruin it for my brother and sister.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We go to my Grandma A's house on Christmas Eve...so we open presents from that side of the family. We spend Christmas morning at my parent's house...and open immediate family presents then. Christmas afternoon/evening we go to Grandma and Grandpa C's and we open presents from that side of the family.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I have a TON of Christmas ornaments. My family is big on giving ornaments. I put a ton of lights all over....then carefully unwrap each ornament...look at the date and who I got it from...and gingerly hang it on the tree.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it...love it....love it. Let it snow!
12. Can you ice skate? Yes. I used to skate and compete. I stopped skating when I was 12. My pro (coach) wanted me to quit school, get a tutor, and skate full-time. I didn't want to do that. I wasn't THAT good.
13. Favorite gift? I can't come up with ONE favorite. Is that sad?
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? The whole sha-bang. Being with friends and family. The food. The parties. The holiday lights everywhere. The presents.
15. Favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin pie
16. Favorite holiday tradition? Christmas morning at my parent's house. Watching their dogs open their presents...its so funny.
17. What tops your tree? An angel.
18. Prefer to give or receiving? Are we still talking about Christmas here?
19. Favorite Christmas Song? Little Drummer Boy
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum yum!

No comments: