Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Flat Tire

I got a flat tire today at 19th and Quebec at 7:30 am. Sweet. I have had 2 flat tires in 2 months. Sucks. Same tire both times. Both times after leaving Todd's house in the morning.
The first time Todd helped me. He gave me the keys to his 2nd car to drive to work. After work, he changed my tire and got it fixed - I didn't even get my hands dirty. It was so sweet. I am not used to having someone DO things for me. It was great.
Today, I called Todd and told him my tire was flat. He came and picked me up and drove me to my house, waited for me to get ready for work and drove me to work. What a doll. We left my car on the side of the road. I called my dad (who is retired) to see if he would have time today to help me change my tire. The last thing in the world I wanted to do is wait until tonight after work in the cold and dark and try to change a tire. Anyway. My dad picked me up and we went back to 19th and Quebec. He helped me...but he was teaching me how to do it the whole time. Making ME do it. I got my hands dirty. I got my jeans dirty. But I learned how to change a tire. I had to smile. My dad is a teacher at heart....I love that.

No comments: