Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election

Good lord. I am so ready for this election to be over. Sick and tired of the ads. The recorded election phone calls. Everything. Todd and I sat down and read over the big blue book on all of the issues tonight....holy moley there is a lot of stuff on the ballot tomorrow. At least I have my cheat sheet.
One comment on the TV ads: I am so sick of seeing candidates wearing cowboy hats and/or fly fishing to show how "Colorado" they are. I don't know ONE person who wears a cowboy hat (that lives in Colorado). Just because you wear a cowboy hat...that doesn't say "Colorado" to me. I just don't get it. This is not a hick town...ok...not anymore at least. There are parts of Colorado that still have farms, cowboys and people who wear cowboy hats...but I don't believe that look encompasses the people of Colorado.
....maybe I am just tired and cranky...it's after midnight...and I am wide awake.

No comments: