Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Risk

Whenever making a change, I try to measure the risk versus the reward.  I took a big risk at my new job.  I cancelled our Fall fundraising event because I felt it had run its course and it was time for something new.  I got several furrowed brows and 2nd guessing for cancelling the event.  I begged for the board of directors and staff to just trust me.  Huge risk.  If these classes flopped...I would have egg on my face big time.  I measured the risk versus reward and moved ahead.  My new educational wine tasting classes would be a ton more money and a ton less work....in my calculations. I am pleased to report that the Sept class is sold out and both October and November are on their way.  Revenue is way up and people are happy....especially me.  I love to be right.

No comments: