Wednesday, April 12, 2006

4 hours and 15 minutes

Briana has been telling me forEVER that she wanted to set me up with her friend Danny. I really really don't like my friends to set me up. So, I never really pushed her to give him my number because so far everytime a friend has set me up.... I came home from the date and called that friend and said, "Hi, have you MET me before? What did you think I would see in that guy?"
Here's one example. My friend set me up with this guy named Grant. She said he has a great smile, is super cool and was a Firefighter. Sounds great huh? I was still living with Emily at the Gaylord house when this happened. I heard the doorbell. I heard Maggie bark. I heard Emily talk to him (sounded like the adults on Charlie Brown cartoons). She came downstairs and her eyes looked like a deer in the headlights. All she could say was, "I'm sorry" and she kinda giggled and put her hand on my shoulder. Crap...right? We had a good laugh. OK. I go upstairs and this guy is maybe 5'3", really really really skinny and white...and dressed from head to toe in cowboy gear. Yup, a white 10-gallon hat, Wranglers (so tight I don't think he could put his hands in his pockets) and shit-kickers. Gulp. Sooooo not my type. Anyway, we went to dinner and he brought me home. I wanted to kick my friends ass. Haahah!
So NOW, when people tell me they want to set me up with some friend of theirs...my new question is...."If you were single, would YOU date him?" Amazingly, the answers are almost always....no. Folks, just because someone is single, around my age and of the opposite sex....doesn't mean we will hit it off.
Cut back to Briana wanting to set me up with Danny. I asked her why she doesn't date him (since she is single too). She said that she dated his friend and he's not really her type...but really believes that I would like him. Good enough for me. I tell her late last week to give him my home phone number. He called on Monday. We talked for.... (insert drum roll here).... 4 hours and 15 minutes. I haven't done that since high school. Hahaha! We'll see what happens there...but thumbs up to Briana... she may have gotten the set-up blind date right.

No comments: