Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Put Up or SHUT Up

I was just with a friend of mine who bitches non-stop about her job. During work hours she is incapable of talking about anything else. Bitch. Bitch. Bitch. If it's not one thing...it's another. Bitch. Bitch. Bitch. It makes me crazy. And the stories and the things she is bitching about are not THAT bad. Come on....you can't be a victim everyday.
Today, I lost it. She was bitching and I said, "you know, I have friends at nearly every other radio group....and it is 25 times worse. I am so sick of hearing people bitch and moan. If it sucks so bad.... find another job." She got all hurt. Listen. If you HATE your job....find another one. I have no respect for people who bitch about anything that they can change....and don't...just bitch about it. If you hate your job...find a new one. If your husband is a jerk.... either get counseling or leave him...don't bitch all of the time. If you are sick of being fat....work out and take that donut out of your mouth...or shut the hell up. Sick of being single...don't do anything to meet people? I don't feel bad for you at all. It's all about action.
Don't get me wrong. I am here for my friends....I want to hear about your joys and sorrows. I will listen if you have a bad day at work. I will listen if you and your spouse get in a fight. I will try and comfort you if you are feeling bad about yourself that day...and just need a kind word. I will DO that. HOWEVER, if all you can do is be a negative energy source day after day after day....then find someone else to bitch to. Because this BITCH is done. It's time to put up or shut up.

No comments: