Thursday, October 12, 2006

Blast from the past

Katie told me yesterday that an old friend of ours, Andrew, is back in Denver and back in radio. Jill is moving to Seattle and he will be replacing her at Katie's radio company. I have known Andrew since Junior High. We dated for most of our 9th grade year. He went to the other Junior High that fed into our high school. He was the lead in the school play. I was the captain of the softball team. From different crowds....but that boy's brown eyes and smile used to make my knees weak. We broke up after a party at my house where I was upset with him...and one of my guy friends decided to beat up Andrew. Quick way to lose a boyfriend who didn't like my football player friends before getting beat up. Anyway. Cut to 10 years later....Andrew and I are working at the same radio company. He is married. I have a boyfriend. He gets a divorce. I break up with the boyfriend. We date again. We break up because he gets back with his ex-wife. That was 3 years ago...I haven't seen him since. Last I had heard was that he was re-married and had moved out of state. NOW - TODAY, I hear he is back. I don't want to date him....AT ALL! I love Todd and that is that. However, hearing his name yesterday dredged up the nuttiest dream last night. I had to crack up.
My dream:
Main Character in My Dream - and real life back story: Charlie - He and I were friends in high school....but he started to hate me because...I went to prom with his friend, Frank...as "just friends" in my eyes. Around midnight on prom night, Frank wanted to go back to the hotel room he had rented to be "alone" with me....and I still wanted to party...so I left him in the room and went back out to party. I ended up kissing my ex-boyfriend. Apparently, that really upset Frank and Charlie got pissed at me for upsetting his friend. (How dumb was high school?)
OK - back to my dream. My dream was that I got a package from Charlie in the mail. It was a bunch of cassette cases with some audio diary recorded by him on them of how much he still hates me today because of all of this different stuff I did in high school....including leaving Frank in the hotel room....and one of the other things...was getting Andrew's ass kicked at my party. Anyway. Way to drudge up some memories KATIE! LOLOLOL! And I think that the audio diary was on cassette cases was a nice touch. HA! What a blast from the past!

No comments: