Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Face Off

I got invited to attend the Av's Face Off Lunch yesterday at the Hyatt. It's a charity event where all of the 2006-2007 Avalanche players are introduced before the opening of their season. We were at a table of 6 and we had Marek Svatos at our table. He is hot....WHITE HOT....24 years old but really hot. Anyway. The whole team was in suits and every last one of them looked horribly uncomfortable dressed up. As they were introduced on stage I had to giggle at how sweet and humble they all looked. Let's not forget what they do for a living....hockey players draw blood of others and get money and cheers to do so. I found it endearing that they weren't acting cocky. If you have ever been in the presence of professional football or basketball players....you would know that the arrogance is pouring out of every pore. Not the Avs players...and with my experience... Hockey players as a whole. The guys were asked questions by this sports reporter like "who on the team would win at Survivor? Who on the team would be the best Mr. Mom? Who on the team would be most likely to eat a bug? The guys kept poking fun at La Perriere... they call him Lappy...and it was cute. On a side note, Lappy has a face for hockey...he has a roman nose...it's ROAMing all over his face. Anyway...I smiled from ear to ear the whole time. During lunch Svatos smiled at me a couple times and I thanked GOD that the lights were dim...because my face was bright red. He is adorable. I know...he's 24....he's my new fav. GO AVS!

No comments: