Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The fish that didn't get away

This past weekend was my family's annual camping trip. I must use the word "camping" loosely. My parents rent a house with bedroom for each of us, digital cable, showers, a kitchen, the whole sha-bang. So it's not really camping, it's staying in a sweet ass house in the middle of no where. Anyway, we went to Steamboat Springs this year. We fished a TON! I love to fish. It's therapeutic for me. The people who own the house we stayed in have a private pond that they stock. So on Friday, we went over there to fish. I caught 2 nice sized fish. For the record, we are a catch and release family. Then we fished all day on Saturday and in the morning on Sunday before we left (I had to take off early to get back in town in time for the Dave Matthews Band concert at Red Rocks). About 3 minutes before we were gonna leave, I caught the biggest fish of my life. It was between 18-20 inches long and at least 3 lbs. It looked like an alligator thrashing around in the water. So fun to catch...and even fun to watch him swim away after I let him go. I wished I had my camera.

No comments: