Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Got my fix!

I think I have officially gotten my Dave Matthews fix for at least a short while. After seeing them in ABQ a few weeks ago, I got to see them at the infamous Red Rocks on Sunday night with Cherill, Scot and Kristie. The tickets were as great as I thought they were gonna be. The show was amazing. Dave played my favorite song "Lover Lay Down", which was a huge treat. I love the energy at a Dave show, everyone is walking around with this shit-eating grin on their faces. I danced and danced and cheered and cheered and whistled and had a fan-freaking-tastic time. I came into work today and Ashley says, "Yea, so my friend walked into The Hotel Monaco yesterday for a lunch meeting, and Dave Matthews was sitting at the bar. She sat down next to him and had a drink with him. She said he is super cool." I hope that if I ever saw him somewhere that I would have the guts to talk to him. I think I would. Yea, I know I would. I want to ask him who Grace is. He talks about Grace in a lot of his songs. Is Grace a person? Or is he referring to his own gracefulness? Who knows. I met Celine Dion once backstage in the early 90's. She was struggling speaking English (her native language is French). And I (at that time) spoke nearly fluent French...and I froze up.... and didn't speak French to her or translate for her. Still shaking my fists in the air on that lost opportunity. Now I can't remember a lick of French... well... except the bad words. I remember those.

No comments: