Friday, September 16, 2005

Maria

I just got an email from my college room mate/team mate Maria. She doesn't email often, she calls, so when I saw her address in my in-box, I smiled from ear to ear and opened up the note from her as quickly as my right clicking finger would click. There are only a few people in my life who "get" me and appreciate my quirks. Maria is one of them and I love her for it. We could sit in a vacant room for days and entertain each other with dumb games and stories. In college, we actually made up a game called "Womanly Woman" where we would say, "Womanly woman?" and the other person would say "Yes?" and then the first person would say "Drink 12" and you would have to take that many sips of your beverage. The most important part is the person who had to drink must always say "thank you." It's so stupid that I am laughing as I type. Her husband Brian actually got into the madness and will play that game with us too. Except we call him "Manly, Man." Ha! It's so dumb, but so funny (at least to us). Anyway, Maria and I have always kept in touch. And even if we hadn't spoken in months, we can always pick up where we left off and laugh and cry and laugh some more. She's a wonderful Wife, Mother, Christian, Teacher, Coach, and most importantly... Friend. Sometimes I miss her so much I can feel myself get choked up... especially after a visit. I go through withdrawal because I miss her so much.

No comments: