Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hannah

Can I tell you how great it feels to know that I can go home after work...and I don't have to go melt in the surface-of-the-sun heat at softball practice? It's wonderful. I did love coaching, but I am gonna love having some free time again.
Last night my favorite little player, Hannah, called me at home to see if I was watching the USA vs Japan softball game on tv. Ahhhhhh! What a cutie. I answered the phone and I hear her voice, "Uh, Hi, Coach Emily? This is Hannah from the Eagles." Ahhhhhh! We chatted about softball and what she did that day. I told her that she should call me anytime that she wants to. I could hear the smile on her face in her voice. Cute! A few weeks ago at practice Hannah's dad told me that Hannah is actually his "shy one." Her twin sister is actually the outgoing one...and Hannah usually doesn't act this sassy. He told me that he thinks that softball has brought out something wonderful in her. Smile!
A special shout out to Em P...Happy Birthday friend!

No comments: